Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Can't We Move On From Talk of Abortion?

As even many Christians today seek to minimize the issue of abortion, I am reminded that we cannot follow suit in this path. We have elected a president who is an extreme supporter of abortion-rights. I just found out that even Dallas Theological Seminary's most well-known professor supported the election of Barack Obama.

Yet, as with other crucial issues, the issue of abortion will - as it has been - be minimized if not cast against the larger backdrop of issues of life and life in Christ.

I had heard much about a chapel sermon that I missed earlier this semester (Many people in the blogosphere have commented on it). I finally listened to it today, and I am glad to have done so.
Russell Moore has served the church in this message - "Joseph of Nazareth Is a Single-Issue Evangelical: The Father of Jesus, the Cries of the Helpless, and Change You Can Believe In" (Matt. 2:13-23).

Check it out!

No comments: