Monday, April 17, 2006

Current Books

Years ago (actually 2 or 3), in the land of Lynchburg, VA, a newly-married Juan Maclean told me that the book Reforming Marriage by Doug Wilson had rocked his world. I find myself in a similar situation today...this book is very challenging, biblical, and challenging and biblical. Anyhoo, my wife and I are enjoying it.

Other good reads as of late.....

Barely gotten into God, Revelation, and Authority by Carl F.H. Henry, but it is very penetrating....can't wait to dive into it some more. Henry was highly instrumental in calling a few men like Al Mohler to believe the Bible and not tread the path of theological liberalism. Among the endorsers of this six-volume magnum opus are D.A. Carson, R.C. Sproul, Piper, B. Graham, and Bono. (gimme 4/5)

Not a 'read', but thanks to Howard from my church for getting me into listening to 'Mars Hill Audio.' These audio tapes are very stimulating and provide a great example of cultural engagement. Many good and worthwhile subjects covered....

More to come.....

2 comments:

Juan Maclean said...

i'll take the PEN IS MIGHTIER for $200

Craig Sowder said...

You're sitting on a gold mine, Trebek!